- Rain data is captured by a tipping bucket with 0.2mm resolution.
During a 3 minute interval we count the total number of tips and
transmit that data to server. Since we have data for every 3-minute
interval it should be easy to see the intensity of rain and patterns
Limitations: if the rain count is not transferred during an interval then it will
be transmitted as part of next interval. Rain less than resolution will (0.2mm)
will not be measured.
- wind speed is in miles per hour. we sample wind speed every 15 second.
The instrument returns the number of revolutions counted in that 15 second interval.
revolutions / 15 second is the speed during that sample interval.
if the wind speed is > 0 then it is added to a cumulative average during 3 minute period.
Every 3rd minute the wind speed CMA is transmitted to the server.
- Soil dielectric permittivity is sampled every 3 minutes. From dielectric permittivity,
we can calculate soil volumetric water content using e.g. Topp's equation. we provide a
large number of samples (> 180) per day.
- Soil temperature is sampled every 3 minutes. The depth of probe depends on a particular
- Pressure graphs shows variation over the minimum recorded during the interval.
- Temperature, Relative humidity and Pressure are sampled every 15 second. We calculate
cumulative moving average (CMA) for 12 samples to reduce jitters. This CMA at the end
of 12 samples (roughly 3 minutes) is transmitted to the server.